Monday, January 20, 2014

Pack This



So my good friend Ashley and I went to New York City for a few days to get the job search started. While it was my fifth or sixth time there, Ashley hadn't been since she was 4 years old which meant it was a whole new world for her! I got to show her my favorite places and the best tourist spots. More to come in the next post...

After feeling so inspired and motivated after our trip, Ashley came up with the idea for me to feature a traveling section, including all the fun stuff that goes in my weekend bag and our favorite spots from each trip. Because that's what we like to read.

So here's numero uno of Pack This - what I brought and what I bought along the journey. Thank goodness it all fit in the carry-on...

So I brought very few items with me:
  • Crepe jumpsuit for meetings
  • Three necklaces (for the indecisive)
  • Clutch
  • Beanie
  • Hat
  • Sweats
  • Tank for layering and sleeping
  • 2 sweaters
  • Scarf
  • Earrings
  • Bracelet
  • Watch
  • Umbrella (reeeeeeeally make sure to check the weather before you go!)
Plus: My coat, J.Crew's Pixie pants, a pair of booties for walking, a pair of heels for meetings and a billion travel-size toiletries.

That amount of stuff was perfect - not too heavy to carry around and I could switch up my looks with accessories. AND the most important part: I could fit more in there muahaha. For some reason, I went shoe crazy and bought J.Crew heels, Mango flats and Zara flats. Ain't complainin' now - my shoe collection just got a whole lot better.


So there's that. My first packing guide. And I'll learn what not to pack along the way! Next one up: Charleston.

No comments:

Post a Comment